Okay, the pumkin patch was really Earl May ... it was way too windy and wet to do the real thing! I know, should have sucked it up for the kids but I think they still had fun!
So funny story ... There was a cat there that was sitting on one of the shelves where the small pumpkins, gourds and corn were. One of the employees was talking to Sophie and I while restocking the Indian corn when Sophie started freaking out. The man had dumped a whole box of Indian corn where the cat had been sitting. Sophie started screaming and pointing ... she evidently thought he buried the cat alive! We we laughing hysterically of course but the nice man felt so bad!

And then the carving ... which I hate BTW! It is actually hard work and, well, the kids don't seem to really care that much about it yet. They just want the costumes and candy. But I feel it is my duty as a mother to expose them to all the traditions and "fun" of Halloween.
So funny story ... There was a cat there that was sitting on one of the shelves where the small pumpkins, gourds and corn were. One of the employees was talking to Sophie and I while restocking the Indian corn when Sophie started freaking out. The man had dumped a whole box of Indian corn where the cat had been sitting. Sophie started screaming and pointing ... she evidently thought he buried the cat alive! We we laughing hysterically of course but the nice man felt so bad!


And then the carving ... which I hate BTW! It is actually hard work and, well, the kids don't seem to really care that much about it yet. They just want the costumes and candy. But I feel it is my duty as a mother to expose them to all the traditions and "fun" of Halloween.



1 comment:
Grace and Sophie, you two are looking so grown up. Keep the cute pictures coming, I'm sure that will be easy. I can't wait to come down and visit again.
Rossi
Post a Comment